Sunday, August 8, 2010

Trying to make the "BEST" decision...

As I sit here at my desk awaiting the next "crisis" to occur...I am also studying. Yes, studying...well let me back track a lil bit. Originally, my "plan" was to add additional credentials to my career goal in the Petroleum industry but thanks to BP, careers in certain positions are hanging by a string. So, I have decided to enter into a RN program. Um...yeah, I can be compassionate and caring plus the money is great and the career opportunities does not have a glass ceiling--right?

I have always been a good student...nothing to brag about but for the most part...a good student. So I am feeling pretty good about "this" career choice : ) My children seem to think it is pretty cool too and for some reason they figure they can get a "doctor's note" at the drop of a dime hmmmm. NOT!! Lol. So, I will definitely keep you posted on how things are going.

I kinda have my schedule planned out for the next three semesters...ok

Fall 2010--Psyc 2314 Human Growth and Dev; Biol 2401 Anatomy & Physiology I, refresher Biol I (info will be on the H.E.S.I. Assessment Test)

Spring2011--Biol 2402 Anatomy & Physiology II; Fine Arts Elective (to have at least 7 hrs)
        in April take the H.E.S.I Exam, submit application

Summer 2011--Pharmacology

I hope that my journey will inspire some of you to not just hold a position. As "life" is swiftly changing...we too have to make adjustments and be diligent about our decisions. Right now...I am sleepy but I have a shift to complete AND I am getting a head up on  studying before class actually starts. I am about to go walk around a bit to stretch my legs and maybe catch a breeze of humid air outdoors. Hey, if you are in the field and have any advise...hit me up.

Peace






No comments:

Post a Comment