Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bored kids during a heat wave get even

Yes we live in Texas...yes it is understood that it is "suppose" to be hot here during the summer, however, southern children STILL want to go outside! As a parent, I have to make the choice of allowing them to go out into the sauna like heat or stay cool in the house.

About a week ago, I opted for the latter and those little rascals wasn't too happy about it. Rewind a bit to earlier that morning. I went to the local store to purchase some ice cream and a cake. Not just any cake but a chocolate fudge cake which my 2nd oldest did the honors of slicing. Mind you we all adore chocolate cake and I told them the last two slices were mine. "Ok mom" chimed out of their mouths.

 A couple of days later, I enter into the dining area of our home with my mouth watering for cake and ice cream. Pop....I opened the lit to the cake container and there are the two slices of cake that were mine. I take one slice, put on a saucer and head to the kitchen to get the vanilla bean ice cream out of the freezer. Hold on wait a minute...the top and sides of the cake has been WTF bitten off!!! I rush over to the table to examine the other slice and as I lift the top once again....my eyes first went into a squint then overly stretched....someone bit off both slices? Grrrrrr....

I questioned each child..."Did you bite of the top and sides of my slices?" Each one answers "No mom...why would I do that?" Double Grrrrrr....

Exhausted with disgust I say in a loud tone..."You know, whoever did it should've just finished it...I mean why leave the rest of the cake without the icing?" They each pause.. look at me for an instant then continue on with what they were doing.

I stormed into the garage and begin snickering to myself because I know how irresistible this cake is and also remember when I had did the same as a kid. Talk about karma! LOL my Mom did say these things will come back on me as a parent. Not funny mom...not funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment